food
Food. Not only delicious, but plays a huge part in social gatherings as well. I can just think back and most of the time (if not all), everything we go out with friends, we EAT. we (especially Asians) really love to go to different places and try out different dishes. Its like food is a common topic that everyone can talk about. N i did that again today! haha. went to eat yum cha (dim sum) with my aussie friends from uni.- tina, bernie, ash.. pretty cool. Tina ordered chicken feet and like stomach walls etc. and I think poor bernie and Ash were pretty disgusted. Poor them. They did try it in the end, (thanks to much persuasion).. . wat do u think? nah, they couldnt handle it. haha.. Just wondering, how come its only Asians that can eat everything that has 4 legs (except a table)? were we brought up to eat absolutely everything? hmm, interesting. Anyway, we went out to shop after that. Took an half an hour walk to the shopping center. (How good am I, exercising so hard.) Shopped, & then got a call from my Uni library. They want me to work for them! yipee, Praise the LORd (PTL).. so yeah. very excited! Sigh, BUt i was not smiling all day long. I pulled my ligament on my foot.. sob sob. I was jaywalking and then a car came crusing by. I ran, Sun in the eyes, didnt spot the pothole on the ground. The rest is history. so yeah, now i can only mourn and rest at home..
|
Thank you Lord, for the simple beauty that you have created. Thank you also for giving me the chance to admire it with my close friends from Singapore. This winter holidays have just gone by so quickly yet so fulfilling and enriching.
The past 6 weeks of my holidays have just flown by. With the first 3 wks of placement with ER&R. I think it went well. It has definately opened my eyes. I used to think that I would feel unhappy after working with kids that have more obvious disability, but after this 3 wks, I think i'm now more confident of my ability to help them and I'm starting to realised that they are beautiful children of God. To look beyond the physical and go underneath. How i wish i still have the child-like innocence. Sob sob.. i'm getting OLD..
The next 2 weeks was spent with my beloved church friends who came up to visit me all the way from Singapore! the feeling was heavenly. Thank you Lord for creating couples as no one is an island. Friends are really important, and we should all make the effort to keep in contact. It unbelivable how people can fall out of contact with each other, even the best of friends. so yes, i will try to make the effort to just send an email to friends every once in a while.
Admiring the beaches, blue skies, clear seas was like giving my tired eyes a massage after a long period at work. How can anyone doubt that all these were just a result of a big bang? Its so beautiful and perfect. How is that possible? He made the world in 6 days and he saw that it was good. I totally agree! If this is already so good, I can imagine how home would be.
There is just so much to say, but unable to pen downs, thoughts and feelings overwhelm me. I guess sometimes, words fail me. Words unable to describe the gorgeous scenery and deep feelings that I saw and felt. I should stop here. Words do them injustice.
Thank You LOrd once again for the enriching weeks that i had in Sydney.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home