Thursday, October 13, 2005

USA

wow, its been almost a week since (I packed my bags, ready to go.. left on a jetplane, and didnt know when i'll go back to Sydney again).

USA has been a mixture of feelings actually. I'll just report on where I have been, who I have met, experience that i have gone through.

I'm currently in CMU. (Carnegie Mellon University). Where the people do not ever sleep, and basically have little/no life outside their academia life. Their library closes at 3am, and its not hard to find people studying till then. Then they wake up the next morning to go on again. YIKES.. Compared to them, Sydney is really chicken feet, I think. Is it them/me? Are we meant to be like that in our undergraduate years? But i guess, this is reality, the harder the work, the more you achieve. HOWEVER, what is the real aim of life?

Pittsburgh is a really nice city. It has a really interesting history and buildings that you leave your jaw hanging. ohoh, my favourite place: the cathedral of learning. A giantic building that looks excatly like Harry Potter's school. Sorry guys, the pics are not with me atm, but I would try to get them up soon.
Been to downtown, to Phipp's Conservatory, U Pitt, etc etc. Having a great time with my friend Gerentt.

aLONG the way: mum N I took a day trip to the mall of America, located in Minneapolis. Well, we were doing my brother a favour going to pass sth to his gf, but she was nice, driving us around to the factory outlets, where we shopped.

Chicago: modern city clashing with the acient buildings, prob conserved by the government. Its nice and lively, but just another city. But, they have some intersting attractions such as the Millenium Park, lotsa theatures to watch shows (but I cant seem to get my hands on any tix at all!!?!?), a factory outlet near the place we are staying in, and oh yes donald trump's new condomenium! right smack in chicago downtown.

travelling is quite fun, especially when money is not coming from me. When with mum, she pays.. hee.

Being with mum again is nostalgia.. haha..

g'nite pple. i'm going to slp now.. actually sleeping in a hostel hall.. yikes.

love me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home