Saturday, November 05, 2005

Farewell? nah, its Sending off..

I have just attended ouR ECU (Evangelical Christian Union) annual dinner.
This year, not just the years 4s would be leaving us to venture into the health science profession, but in addition, many other staff workers and even leaders.

Our wonderful teacher, Martin Field and his family would be going to Melbourne for training, and would probably be going to South America to do mission work in the near future. Their family, Martin, Julie, and 4 kids have been accepted to CMS and would be leaving cumbo.

We will never really say bye, but as Tracy puts it, its rather, sending them off to do mission in other countries. AMEN.

I will miss them terribly. My years in Sydney have been so much more fullfilled just getting to know them, and learning more abt the Bible with them. Julie was like a mum to me, esp when I first came over. The last 3 years have seen ECU grow and seen so many people starting to investigate Christianity, making a choice for them. So much to say, but this posting is actually about my reflection as a future wife. (God willing).

Just 3 years in Australia have allowed me to see for myself how staff workers and their families, esp their partners play such an important role, in helping support their (in this posting), their husbands.

Julie And Glor(an ECU staff worker) are one of the most humble ladies around. They really do not seek materialistic things in life, and have such a serving attitude. It shocked me at first, then amazed me, then blew me away.
How is that I have never tried to strive to be like this? How is it that I am so accustomed to trying to do well in life that I never actually tried to be just a servant.

A couple of friends ask me why I'm still not attached. I guess even my parents. The answer to that is that I'm not ready yet. I'm still trying my best and hardest to learn how to be a servant- for even Jesus came down to the earth to serve, what about me? I need to continue to strive to look beyond worldly success. and until the day, where I can also find the guy who has this attitude, then would I be ready to settle, to let him love me, and for me to allow him to be my pastor (teacher).

Dear God, this is my prayer.
For the Fields, as they go out into the field, that you make their harvest plentiful.
That I will have the servant attitude, to serve and not be served.Amen.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home