my holiday is coming to an end
My holiday is coming an end. after an enjoyable week in the states, I think I really have to go back to start on my assignments..
Last night, Mum and I wanted to go watch a broadway musical in the chicago theature, however seats were fully sold out, and we even tried our luck in a lucky dip, where they give out 20 tickets for cheap for every performance. Didnt get it though!
We continued our stroll along Randolph street along Chicago, and came upon another theature, and they were showing a dance - Pilobolus.. Definately something that we havent watched before, but interesting is probably the word to describe it.
The dancers in Pilobolus showed me how abstract dance can be and how the bare body can really display the movements so well. (hold on, let me emphasize: they were not snarked naked, but classically covering their private parts). The dance was so fluid, yet so stong and unyielding. They had a couple of dance composition which I thought were really unique. they ended with a aquatic movement, with them sliding on real water on stage! totally breathtaking.
Shopping has been great - managed to get a pair of levis jeans for US$20. So that's really great
Just want to say another big thanks to Gerentt, it was an enjoyable time in CMU. I have to say, the people there may study heaps,but they are nice people.
Alritey, time to fly back to SYdney, back to cumberland. Missing my housemate and friends!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home